Snake in the Grass
In the mission Snake in the Grass in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, you will need to locate and defeat the imposter Elpenor at Pharsalos Fort in Phokis, and then track down the real Elpenor in the Valley of the Snake near the Snake Temple. Follow this guide to successfully complete the mission.
Step 1: Enter Pharsalos Fort
- Head to Pharsalos Fort located in the Valley of the Nymph, southeast of Phokis and north of the Chora of Delphi.
- There are two ways to enter the fort: either climb over the walls or find a hidden cave to the east of the fort. Look for the unmarked cave covered in vines.
Step 2: Reach the Top of the Fort
- Make your way to the top of the fort where Elpenor is standing on a platform.
- Defeat him, collect the note, and escape.
Step 3: Locate the Real Elpenor
- Travel to the western part of Phokis, specifically the Valley of the Snake near the Snake Temple.
- Pass through Lalaia and Kephisos Spring, following the path until you need to use Ikaros to locate the target.
- Once located, head up the mountain towards the Snake Temple.
- Stick to the right of the ruins and follow the path that leads to a cave.
Step 4: Defeat Elpenor
- Inside the cave, you will find guards surrounding the entrance and the real Elpenor.
- Prepare for a tough fight, dodge his attacks, and use your abilities to take him down.
- Once defeated, speak to Elpenor, confirm the kill, and loot his body.
With Elpenor defeated and the mission complete, you can now proceed to the next quest. Good luck!