The mission The Conqueror is part of a small questline in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, where you are tasked with completing a request from the Kings of Sparta. This mission consists of two parts – an introduction and a conquest battle. In between these parts, you will need to complete a series of champion kill missions. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you beat this mission.
Step 1: Meet with the polemarch
- One of the kings of Sparta has assigned you to win the war in Boetia. Head to the Spartan Military Camp in Boeotia and meet with the polemarch, Stentor. Upon arrival, a cutscene will play where you will have a less than pleasant reunion with Stentor.
Step 2: Kill the champions
- After the reunion, Stentor will inform you that in order to win the war, you need to kill some champions. These missions will be added to your quest log, and you can complete them in any order. The four champions that need to be killed are:
– The Fall of Deianeira
– The Last Fight of Aristalos
– The End of Drakon
– The Last Hunt of Nesaia
Step 3: Return to Stentor
- Once you have killed all four champions, return to Stentor in Boeotia at the Spartan Military Camp. Engage in a short conversation with him, and the conquest battle will begin.
Step 4: Conquest battle
- The conquest battle is similar to any other battle in the game. Defeat the tagged enemy captains and heroes as they appear to deplete the enemy’s status bar. Make use of your gear, abilities, and personal skill to emerge victorious. Remember the following combat tips:
– Ensure your gear and abilities are upgraded and suitable for the enemies you face.
– Different weapons have different attack patterns and reach.
– Fast hitting weapons like daggers are effective for applying the Poison and Fire effects.
– Successfully parry an attack, and follow it up with a Heavy Attack for crowd control or a Light Attack for single-target combo.
– Note that the Spartan Kick ability will not be useful in conquest battles.
Step 5: Cutscenes and ending
- After the conquest battle is complete, a series of cutscenes will play. First, you will have a conversation with Stentor, followed by an interruption from Nikolaos (if he is still alive). If Nikolaos is already dead, you will have the option to kill Stentor in the battle. After a brief reunion or battle, the mission will come to an end.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully complete the mission The Conqueror in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Good luck!