The End of Drakon
Welcome to the guide for The End of Drakon in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. This is the fourth mission of a small questline to complete one request of the Kings of Sparta. In this mission, you will need to assassinate Drakon, the champion. Follow the steps below to successfully complete this mission.
Step 1: Locate Drakon’s Specific Location
- Drakon can be found in a theater-like area. To find more information about his specific location, visit the Agora in Thebes. Alternatively, you can go to Melanioppos’s Camp and head northeast until you reach the coast where two statues are located. Use Ikaros to mark Drakon at the top of the hill.
Step 2: Prepare for the Assassination
- To increase your chances of success, meditate until nighttime before engaging Drakon. This will give you the element of surprise for a sneak attack.
Step 3: Engage Drakon in Combat
- Drakon is a formidable enemy with a large, muscular build. Be cautious of his halberd, which can be set on fire, providing it with extended reach. Keep your distance when his weapon is on fire to avoid getting hit.
Step 4: Use Poison and Fire Arrows
- To gain an advantage, utilize poison and fire arrows against Drakon. These will provide ranged damage over time, weakening him gradually.
Step 5: Close-Quarters Combat
- When Drakon’s weapon is not on fire, get in close and unleash a strong hit using a close-quarters ability of your choice. This will deal significant damage to him.
Step 6: Additional Combat Tips
- Remember that combat relies on three things: Gear, Abilities, and your own personal skill.
- If you catch fire, stop what you’re doing and perform a long roll by holding Square(X) to extinguish the flames.
- Experiment with different weapons to find the attack patterns and reach that suit your style.
- Fast-hitting weapons like daggers are ideal for applying poison and fire effects.
- After successfully parrying an attack, follow up with a Heavy Attack to gain better crowd control.
- If all else fails, try to lure your opponent up a high cliff or roof and kick them down for an instant defeat. Note that this tactic won’t work against enemies more than two levels above you.
- The Spartan Kick ability can be used to knock enemies off ledges, but the Shield Breaker ability can also push enemies backward.
Step 7: Defeat Drakon
- Once you have successfully defeated Drakon, the mission will come to an end, bringing you one step closer to completing The Conqueror questline.
Remember to adjust your gear, abilities, and combat strategy according to your playstyle. Good luck!