The Serpent’s Lair
The Serpent’s Lair is a mission in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey that takes place after completing Snake in the Grass. In this mission, you will return to the Sanctuary of Delphi to uncover clues about the next target and the identity of Deimos. Follow the steps below to successfully complete the mission.
Step 1: Return to the Sanctuary of Delphi
- Head back to the Sanctuary of Delphi after completing Snake in the Grass.
- Look for Herodotos behind the temple, standing in front of two columns with snakes coiled around them.
Step 2: Investigate the Cave
- Follow the player’s character as they put on the cultist robes and head into the cave.
- Descend to the bottom of the cave, but be aware that there are no enemies to kill here.
Step 3: Gather Information
- Once at the bottom, it’s time to investigate and gather information.
- Look out for the following clues and initiate conversations with:
- The cultist at the pedestal.
- The two cultists arguing about the next target.
- The notes in the room behind the waterfall.
- The cultist torturing the other in the room beyond the rocky path to the northwest.
Step 4: Return to the Center of the Room
- Once you have found all the clues, return to the center of the room.
- Take the fragment collected in the last mission and place it on the glowing orange pyramid in the room.
- A cutscene will play, revealing the real identity of Deimos and their violent nature.
Step 5: Have a Conversation with Herodotos
- After the cutscene, have a conversation with Herodotos to conclude the mission.
- Please note that the choices you make during this conversation will not have any long-term consequences.
Completing The Serpent’s Lair will award you the Evil Unearthed achievement. This mission sets the stage for the next chapter of the game. Good luck on your journey in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey!