Life During Wartime
Welcome to our guide for the Life During Wartime main job in Cyberpunk 2077. In this mission, you’ll be teaming up with Panam to rescue Mitch and Scorpion and uncover the whereabouts of Hellman. Follow our step-by-step walkthrough below to successfully complete the mission and make the best choices along the way.
Step 1: Take Out The Drones
- While traveling to the crash site, you’ll encounter several drones that try to slow you down.
- Connect to the turret and shoot them down as instructed by Panam.
- The turret may become jammed, but Panam will fix it.
- Destroy the drones and wait for Panam to arrive at the crash site.
Step 2: Scan the Crash Site
- Upon arrival, V will need to scan various items to gather information.
- Optional: Scan the area for signs of Aldercaldos by scanning the three destroyed vehicles closest to you.
- Optional: Scan the Kang Tao operatives by finding the one scanning the area.
- Optional: Scan the combat drones flying around the crash site.
- Scan the area for Mitch, who is being held captive by the Kang Tao operatives.
- Finally, scan the crashed AV at the center of the wreckage.
Step 3: Take Out The Turret & Defeat the Kang Tao Operatives
- There are multiple ways to approach this objective, but using stealth is recommended.
- Head left and hide from the operatives using the rocky ledges.
- Take them down one by one.
- Once the operatives are defeated, disable the turrets by accessing the control panel on the right side of the AV.
Step 4: Choices and Consequences
- Open the hatch on the other side of the AV to find Mitch held hostage by the pilot.
- To receive the best outcome, select the following answers while talking to the pilot: I just want Hellman and I’m losing my patience.
- Speak with Mitch and select the following answers when responding to Panam: I gotta get Hellman, will you help? and I’ll help you settle the score with Kang Tao.
Step 5: Finding Hellman
- Follow Kang Tao’s trail to a nearby Gas Station.
- Scan the area and mark enemies, including two turrets at the entrances.
- Head to the left side of the building, jump the fence, and take out the snipers on the roof and tower.
- Engage enemies guns blazing or use stealth.
- Enter the Gas Station and speak with the Weapon Vendor for information.
- Proceed to the Garage and search the rooms for loot.
- Eventually, you’ll find Hellman in a chair.
- Approach him and knock him out.
Step 6: Speak with Panam and Mitch Outside
- Pick up Hellman and carry him outside.
- Lean him against the motorcycle.
- During a conversation with Saul, choose the answer It really wasn’t Panam’s fault to defend Panam and strengthen your relationship with her.
- After the mission, Panam will offer you her first side quest, Riders on the Storm.
Step 7: Interrogate Hellman
- At the Sunset Motel, question Hellman about the biochip and its removal.
- Your responses have no impact on the story.
- Johnny Silverhand will appear during the interrogation.
- Takemura will eventually take over.
Step 8: Finalize the Mission
- Stand up and leave the room.
- The Relic will malfunction, causing V to become sick.
- This leads into the Tapeworm mission, which takes place in Act 2.
Congratulations on completing the Life During Wartime main job in Cyberpunk 2077. Follow our upcoming Tapeworm walkthrough to continue the story.