Search and Destroy
Welcome to IGN’s guide for the Search and Destroy Main Job in Cyberpunk 2077. In this guide, we will provide a complete walkthrough for this mission, including major choices and consequences. So let’s dive right in!
Step 1: Meet Takemura at the Hideout
- After completing the Playing it Safe mission, make your way from Japantown to Takemura’s hideout.
- Enter the abandoned apartment building and head up the stairwell to room 303.
- Knock on the door four times to avoid an explosion.
- Speak with Takemura inside, and your conversation choices will not impact the following events.
Step 2: Speak with Hanako Arasaka
- Head over to Hanako Arasaka and recount the events of The Heist, proving your innocence in Saburo Arasaka’s death.
- Halfway through your conversation, you’ll be ambushed by Arasaka’s Assault Squad.
- A grenade will explode, causing the floor to collapse.
Step 3: Escape the Building
- Fall to the ground floor and Johnny will appear.
- He will urge you to get up and escape, but you can express concern for Takemura left behind in room 303.
- Although the option to rescue Takemura won’t appear immediately, you’ll have two approaches for the second half of the mission.
Step 4: Choice – Rescuing Takemura
- If you choose to save Takemura, continue down the hallway until you find a room with a large blue cross.
- Look for a small hole in the wall and squeeze through it.
- Hide behind crates and deal with up to five enemies in a gunfight.
- Find the stairwell in the top right corner of the room and trigger the optional objective.
- Fight your way through a group of Arasaka soldiers in the hallway.
- Help Takemura defeat the remaining soldiers in room 303, then lead him outside.
- Clear the hallway with Takemura’s help and open the door at the end.
Step 5: Head inside the room and Jump down the hole
- In this room, you’ll find a large hole in the floor.
- Jump down through the hole and follow the stairs to the ground floor.
- Exit the building, collapse to the ground, and escape the area.
Step 6: Escape the Building Without Saving Takemura
- If you choose not to save Takemura, proceed down the hallway to the room with the large blue cross.
- From there, you have two routes.
- Route 1 requires you to turn left, squeeze through a small hole, and hide behind crates.
- Deal with up to five enemies.
- Alternatively, choose Route 2 by turning right and follow the waypoint marker towards the exit.
- Encounter several Arasaka soldiers in each room.
- Use stealth or a run-and-gun approach to reach the exit.
Step 7: Speak with Johnny
- After escaping, V and Johnny will be at the Sunset Motel.
- They will argue, and you can choose dialogue options freely.
- Moments later, a Proxy doll arrives, revealing Hanako believes V’s story and wants justice for her father’s murder.
- After the conversation, leave the room and complete the mission.
That’s it for the Search and Destroy Main Job in Cyberpunk 2077. Follow these steps to successfully complete the mission and make your choices along the way. Good luck!